How to reset Income/Excpense account dates globally?

Peter J. Farley III pjfarley3 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 11 19:28:13 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I was able to import all my checking account transactions with
categories into kMyMoney nicely, but all of the Income/Expense
accounts that I added myself before the import were dated 1/1/2016
instead of the default date of 1/1/1900.  When I saved my file all the
transactions dated prior to 1/1/2016 that had one of the categories
that I added myself were flagged as inconsistent.

I did not realize that the date field in the Add Category screen had
any significance, which is why I did not change the date field at the
time I added them.

Is there a way to globally reset all Income/Expense category dates to
the default date of 1/1/1900?  Or do I have to go to each one I added
individually to change the dates?  I want to import my other accounts
as well (Savings, Credit Cards, etc.) and I don’t want the category
dates affecting them too.

Peter