Entering mutual fund in KMM 4.7.2 without finding online source

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Apr 3 07:14:26 UTC 2016

Hi Louis-Philippe,

On Saturday 02 April 2016 19:20:13 Louis-Philippe Allard wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to enter several mutual funds in KMM but their trading
> symbol is not on any of the provided online sources in KMM's security
> dialob box.
>
> The only remaining choice is to update the prices manually, but this
> is cumbersome and I'd rather rely on a reliable online source to
> update currencies and securities.
>
> One example of mutual fund I am trying to integrate in KMM is
> http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F0CAN05NHD&region=ca
> n&culture=en-CA
>
> This is a canadian MF.  The symbol is CIG2601 (if you google this you
> will inevitably get either the investment firm's website or the
> Morningstar quote site which lists all of my other MF as well..
>
> Is it possible to add morningstar to the list of online sources in
> KMM, or if not, how can use morningstar's website as online update
> service?

Did you have a look at https://docs.kde.org/stable4/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.investments.prices.html#details.investments.onlinequotes
already? At the bottom of this page we explain how to add new quote sources. A
bit of regular expression foo is required to extract the price from a web-
site. In case you don't have that, I am sure someone here on the user mailing
list can help out.

Hope that helps.

Embedded Linux: because you can't do control-alt-delete on a pacemaker.