[Kmymoney] OFX trimming fields. Was: Choosing the bank import file

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 27 16:53:20 UTC 2015

On 2015.01.27 02:00, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> p.s. I would appreciate if you could send us (me) the OFX source file
> where you see data is truncated. I wonder if that is already
> truncated in the OFX file, libOfx does it's part or if it is KMyMoney
> doing the cutting. If you need more information on that, please feel
> free to contact me via PM.

I frequently have this problem, and it is due to truncation on creation
of the OFX file.  In my experience, KMM using libOfx does not trim
anything on import.  (I've imported OFX files from at least six
different institutions.)

I have not looked into the OFX spec to see if it requires or suggests
maximum length on those fields, but will try to do so when I have some
free time.