[Kmymoney] No SPLIT available in Interest field in Dividend Transactions

Michael CALDER mikecalder at optusnet.com.au
Sun Sep 28 02:25:24 UTC 2014

G'day Alan,

My problem relates to New MANUAL entries using the Transaction Input
Form when I have my Investment account open in the 'ledger' view.

I will now refer to the KDE Help Center Version 4.13.3 - Investment
Transactions page.

At the top of the page is a graphic which shows 'Buy Shares' in the
Activity field. It also shows the SPLIT icon for both the 'Fees' and
'Interest' fields

At the bottom of the page is the following:

Interest
  This is how you enter an interest or dividend payment from an
investment. As with fees, if you enter a category, then a field will be
shown to the right where you can enter the amount. You can also use the
split transaction feature, if required.

When I open my Investment Account in ledger view I have the following
anomalies/bugs in the Transaction Input Form when the Activity field
selection is as follows:

1. Buy shares		NO Interest field
2. Sell shares		NO Interest field
3. Dividend		Interest field without SPLIT Icon
4. Reinvest dividend	NO Account field (as expected) - Interest field
without SPLIT Icon
5. Yield		Interest field without SPLIT Icon
6. Add,Remove & Split	Only Activity, Security and Memo fields (as expected)
7. Interest income	Interest field without SPLIT Icon

Therein lies the problem - Interest field cannot accommodate splits.

Cheers....

Mike