[Kmymoney] No SPLIT available in Interest field in Dividend Transactions

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 10:54:43 UTC 2014

On 28/09/14 03:25, Michael CALDER wrote:

> G'day Alan,
>
> My problem relates to New MANUAL entries using the Transaction Input
> Form when I have my Investment account open in the 'ledger' view.
>
> I will now refer to the KDE Help Center Version 4.13.3 - Investment
> Transactions page.
>
> At the top of the page is a graphic which shows 'Buy Shares' in the
> Activity field. It also shows the SPLIT icon for both the 'Fees' and
> 'Interest' fields
>
> At the bottom of the page is the following:
>

> Interest
>   This is how you enter an interest or dividend payment from an
> investment. As with fees, if you enter a category, then a field will be
> shown to the right where you can enter the amount. You can also use the
> split transaction feature, if required.
>>>>

> When I open my Investment Account in ledger view I have the following
> anomalies/bugs in the Transaction Input Form when the Activity field
> selection is as follows:
>
> 1. Buy shares        NO Interest field
> 2. Sell shares        NO Interest field
> 3. Dividend        Interest field without SPLIT Icon
> 4. Reinvest dividend  NO Account field- Interest field
> without SPLIT Icon
> 5. Yield        Interest field without SPLIT Icon
> 6. Add,Remove & Split    Only Activity, Security and Memo fields (as
> expected)
> 7. Interest income    Interest field without SPLIT Icon
>
> Therein lies the problem - Interest field cannot accommodate splits.
>
> Cheers....
>
> Mike

OK Mike

Well, the good news is that here, using the development version, some of
the missing items are not missing now.

Many months ago, I did a tidy up in this area as there were several
minor issues.  If I remember correctly, the Buy area had one or two
fields removed, after discussion on this list, as they were felt to be
unneeded clutter.

Here is the status now -

> 1. Buy shares   NO Interest field  -- Still no Interest field
> 2. Sell shares  NO Interest field  -- Interest field is present and
                                         Split icon shows when category
                                         is selected
> 3. Dividend     Interest field no SPLIT Icon -- As for Sell
> 4. Reinvest     Interest field no SPLIT Icon  -- Unchanged
> 5. Yield        Interest field without SPLIT Icon -- As for Sell
> 7. Interest income  Interest field no SPLIT Icon -- As for Sell

Would you raise a bug report please to ensure it gets attended to.

Thanks

Allan