[Kmymoney] Windows install issue with KDE and gpgme

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 17 14:19:12 UTC 2014

On 2014.07.16 20:34, Gwystyl Brightheart wrote:
> Gary, did you ever solve this issue? I've been using KMM for years,
> and there's nothing that even comes close to comparing! A few weeks
> ago my laptop had the same issue, and I'm afraid that somehow my
> desktop will do the same thing.. I've tried all the suggestions, and
> haven't been able to find a solution. The next step for me is fdisk
> and reinstall everything, not necessarily because of this issue
> itself, although this gave me the final reason to start windows from
> scratch again... I'm likely going to actually go back to dual booting
> so I won't have to worry about this in the future.. But if I don't
> have to, that would sure be nice!

I don't have anything to add on this specific issue, but instead of
dual booting, you might consider running a virtual machine, such as
VirtualBox.  On my Vista (home basic) laptop, dual booting never worked
well, as Windows seemed to get messed up every time I had previously
booted into linux.  Installing a linux distro in a VirtualBox machine
worked well.  It's yet another thing to keep updated, but I found it
overall more reliable than dual booting.