[Kmymoney] Reinvesting Dividends

Jane Hadley jhadle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 02:12:57 UTC 2014

Now that a new year is beginning, I'm shifting over completely to KMyMoney
from Quicken. The training wheels are off!

I've solved many questions through trial-and-error, consultation with my
husband, and Internet research. But here's one I haven't cracked yet.

When I do a "reinvest dividend" activity, I am given boxes to enter in the
number of shares and the price per share. When I do that, KMM calculates
the total dollar amount.

I have two questions about this "reinvest dividend" process:

1) Even though I type in 57.758 shares, KMM rounds it to 57.76 shares. I
would like to have more than two decimal places for my share balance. I
have already gone to Settings-->Configure KMyMoney --> Price precision = 6
digits. But I still get this rounding to two decimal places for share
quantity. Any way to achieve my objective?

2) My Fidelity account gives only the number of shares and the dollar
amount of a dividend transaction. When I entered these into Quicken, it
automatically calculated the share price. But I haven't found any way for
KMyMoney to do this. Hence, I have had to use a hand-held calculator to
calculate the share price and then enter that figure into KMyMoney, but
this seems rather clunky.

Am I missing something here? I would like for KMM to allow me to enter the
number of shares and total dollar amount and then have the share price
automatically calculated by KMM.

Thanks,
Jane Hadley