[Kmymoney] Investments: Dividend Reversal

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Sun Jan 12 21:28:36 UTC 2014

I have found an issue when trying to reverse a dividend credited to a
Money Market Account from a Stock.  I had a few shares of a company
stock that required manually transferring the shares after I left the
firm.  I was paid by check a dividend and deposited it into my 401K.
The investment firm inadvertently credited by account twice for the
transaction in two different statement periods.  I recorded it and in
the following statement period where it was reverse attempted to enter a
transaction with a negative dividend (income account).  Kmymoney would
not accept the negative amount and kept resetting the total to a
positive value.  I know I can delete my transactions and have the
correct balances, but I loose the detailed audit tracks that accountants
like to see.

This will require an expense dividend category or a transfer account
with an adjusting entry from either of these to the income dividend
category to get the income dividend category to be correct.

What can we do about this?
--
*Joe W. Byers*