[Kmymoney] automated parted operation

hugo borrell hugoborrell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 23:05:45 UTC 2013

Hi Allan,

> There are several ways to achieve this, I think.
>
> I'd be inclined, after one of these transactions has already been
> input, with meal and deducted entered as splits, to duplicate that
> transaction, leaving just the 'meal' split to have its correct amount
> entered.
>
> Another way would be, for the second 'meal' transaction, to create a
> new transaction and select the same payee, which will display previous
> similar items from which you may choose the best.
>
> Allan

I did not get exactly what you were suggesting, but from what I
understand of both suggested methods, this might not be as "automated"
as I would like it to be : usualy I edit the "Default account" from
each payee to let KMM know in which category I want all (or most)
operations to be with this payee. "Default account" is the last tab of
the "Payee" panel. Unfortunatly, it is not detailed in documentation :

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.payees.html

In this "Default account" tab, no options seems possible to link a
payee to a split transaction, described here :

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.ledgers.split.html

Is there a turnaround so that KMM would know that all transactions
from payee "NearbyRestaurant" should be splited with a fixed amount
that is from one category, and the rest of the operation should be
assigned to another category ?

Up to now, I'm just automaticaly assigning meals to "FixedCategory",
open manually the transaction, open a split transaction, change the
first amount to it's legal value (4,55 €), validate the line, create a
new line with "FloatCategory", enter the unassigned amount
automatically calculated (cheer up ! This at least as been calculated
automatically !), validate the line, validate the split transaction,
validate the changes made to the general operation.

Each step is quick, but all those repeated steps make a long stairway
to hell... compared to the global confort of KMM experience of course
;-) !

Thanks for helping,

Hugo