[Kmymoney] automated parted operation

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 10:29:31 UTC 2013

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 01:05:45 +0200
hugo borrell <hugoborrell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a turnaround so that KMM would know that all transactions
> from payee "NearbyRestaurant" should be splited with a fixed amount
> that is from one category, and the rest of the operation should be
> assigned to another category ?
>
> Up to now, I'm just automaticaly assigning meals to "FixedCategory",
> open manually the transaction, open a split transaction, change the
> first amount to it's legal value (4,55 €), validate the line, create a
> new line with "FloatCategory", enter the unassigned amount
> automatically calculated (cheer up ! This at least as been calculated
> automatically !), validate the line, validate the split transaction,
> validate the changes made to the general operation.
>
> Each step is quick, but all those repeated steps make a long stairway
> to hell... compared to the global confort of KMM experience of course
> ;-) !
>
> Thanks for helping,

Sorry, I wasn't sure how much you already knew.  You're right that there
is not a fully automated way to do this at the moment.

However, it might be possible to eliminate one or more steps in your
procedure.

Enter your first transaction, including the split.  For my test, I used
meal for the main category and deduct for the deduction part in the
split.  Then select or enter "NearbyRestaurant" in Payee view and select
'meal' as the default category.

Then open a new transaction, which should show "NearbyRestaurant" as
the payee.  Even though it is already showing "NearbyRestaurant",
select it from the drop-down.  A new window should open, 'Select
autofill transaction', showing previous transactions.  Select the most
appropriate - at this stage there will be just one - then click OK.
That will enter those same details for the new transaction, including
the split.  You just now need to adjust the meal amount and accept it,
and you should be there.

So, will not fully what you want, it may help a bit.  Otherwise, submit
a wishlist entry for it, but don't hold your breath as developer time
is very limited presently.

Allan