[Kmymoney] yours re questions on KMM / Gnucash

Nico Kruber nico.kruber at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:28:52 UTC 2013

the screenshot shows the KMyMoney package from KDE:UpdatedApps

however, KMyMoney is also in the OSS repository (which should contain all
packages even those that are not on the DVD but still officially supported) -
the simplest way to install it is through the 1 click installs referenced from
here:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/kmymoney

It provides you with a list of "official" and community-based repositories.
The official one is the one released with your openSUSE version, i.e. 4.6.2
for openSUSE 12.2 and 4.6.0 for openSUSE 12.1.
If you like a more up-to-date version with the official KDE version from your
openSUSE release, you can use the one from KDE:UpdatedApps.
If you use an updated KDE release, you'll find KMyMoney in the same repository
you installed KDE from.

It is actually quite simple :)

Nico

PS: I'm one of the maintainers of the kmymoney package for openSUSE and since
I'm personally also using KMyMoney with openSUSE, I'll try to continue to
package the new versions when they are released. I can't give any guarantees
though since I do that in my spare time.