[Kmymoney] Format of KMyMoney on older displays

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:42:14 UTC 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:44:04 +0100
"Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers" <edgaralwers at gmx.de> wrote:

> I am running the 4.6.3 version of KMyMoney on an older IBM ThinkPad,
> I think 18 cm x 24 cm display ( or close to that ).
> My KMM display does not fit on my laptop, so I have to "move" KMM
> from left to right and viceversa, to read the accounts and to edit
> transactions etc. It is nasty.
> Question: is there a way to, let me say, reduce the size of KMM, so I
> do not need to move it on my display ? I do not expect that KMM fills
> the whole display size and a reduced font size would also be OK.
> Thanks for advice,
> Edgar

I don't have the problem, but I do have a possible solution, although
it might be distro-specific.

Left-click and hold on the title bar at the top of the KMM window.  Now
drag until your cursor reaches the screen edge.  If you now see a small
window outline, when you release the button, that will become what
should be a quarter-size KMM, which hopefully you can now resize.

I believe that's a KDE feature, so if you don't see it, check your KDE
window settings. Just found it.  It's under
'System Settings/Workspace behaviour/Screen edges/Tile windows....'.

Allan