[Kmymoney] Kmymoney with a MySQL database

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Tue Feb 12 16:15:54 UTC 2013

On Monday 11 February 2013 20:09:51 Louis-Philippe Allard wrote:

>    Has integration of MySQL within KMM be successful so far enough to be
> considered "production ready"?

I am working since more than 2 years with the MySQL Database version of KMM,
withouth any problems. I would say, that this version is absolutly production
ready.
Another question is the one about benefits of the migration. As far as I can
judge it, there are no mayor differences in speed or performance. However,
MySQL is a powerfull database system, that offers posibilities outside of KMM.
I use to make safety copies with the help of mysqldump and I transfer my
database to other PC/Laptops with the tools of MySQL. Also, I can access my
database through MySQL for special querys.
Perhaps this information may help you with your decission.
Edgar