[Kmymoney] Update prices in gnome fake alarm

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Dec 6 20:02:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Friday 06 December 2013 17:52:45 Allan wrote:

> On 06/12/13 15:02, Andy Chung wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am running KMM in gnome.  When updating stock and currencies prices
> > KMM always prompt "Updating Stock and Currencies prices is not
> > responding".  However the prices are indeed updating correctly.  I have
> > 21 prices for update and they could be updated in few seconds.
> >
> > Is there anyway to fix it?  I do not have such problem in KDE and
> > windows.  Thank you.
> >
> > --
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Andy
>
> Hi Andy
>
> Being pedantic, KMM doesn't run in Gnome.  It always requires KDE,
> although your distro may be based on Gnome.

Being even more pedantic: KMyMoney runs under Gnome given that a certain
amount of KDE specific libraries is also available. KMyMoney might have a
problem here and there if the KDE window manager is not present, but in
general it works also in a Gnome environment.

> What distro do you use, from where did you obtain the KMM you are using,
> and what revision is it?  Was it obtained as a package from your distro
> repositories, or built from source?
>
> When you are updating prices, do you update them all at once, and if so,
> presumably the wizard is open, so when does that message appear?  Do you
> use a database backend, or .kmy file?

All valid questions and I hope we can figure out why Andy is seeing these kind
of problems once we have the answers.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent
life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?