[Kmymoney] Update prices in gnome fake alarm

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 17:52:45 UTC 2013

On 06/12/13 15:02, Andy Chung wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am running KMM in gnome.  When updating stock and currencies prices
> KMM always prompt "Updating Stock and Currencies prices is not
> responding".  However the prices are indeed updating correctly.  I have
> 21 prices for update and they could be updated in few seconds.
>
> Is there anyway to fix it?  I do not have such problem in KDE and
> windows.  Thank you.
>
> --
>
> cheers,
>
> Andy

Hi Andy

Being pedantic, KMM doesn't run in Gnome.  It always requires KDE,
although your distro may be based on Gnome.

What distro do you use, from where did you obtain the KMM you are using,
and what revision is it?  Was it obtained as a package from your distro
repositories, or built from source?

When you are updating prices, do you update them all at once, and if so,
presumably the wizard is open, so when does that message appear?  Do you
use a database backend, or .kmy file?

Allan