[Kmymoney] internal transactions show up twice

hugo borrell hugoborrell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 22:40:28 UTC 2013

Thanks Jack,

2013/8/8 Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net>

> I think I used to have a similar issue - online payments to my credit card
> from my checking account get imported to both - and I'm pretty sure the
> second one to import matched the one that's already there.  However, I
> can't confirm this now, since I've been manually entering my checking
> transactions for a while.

OK, than what can be done if operations don't match, nore automatically,
nore manually ?

> In terms of deleting the transactions, the warning just means that if a
> later download includes a transaction you have deleted, it will be imported
> again.  Depending on how you download, this may not be a problem. For
> example, if you manually download once per month only those transactions
> from that month, then there should be no repeat transactions.

You're right : "solving problems is being smart, avoiding problems is being
wise". It seems like you're wiser than I am, but how can I insist to solve
the problem and pretend to be smart ? I mean I wish I could match
operations that should match, some way or another...

> For OFX direct connect, I see a repeat of transaction on the date of the
> last download, but not earlier.  However, I have my account set to only
> download transactions since the previous download.

That could be nice. However, I have difficulties for direct connection
parameters right from the start : CIC (Crédit Industriel et Commercial,
https://www.cic.fr/lb/fr/index.html) isn't referenced in the list of
automatic settings. When I'm trying to configure it manually, I can't find
out what the "FID" number stands for in such a list :
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FID

My account is refered to through a national number called RIB (french only
I suppose) and an IBAN number. No FID anywhere that I could find out, could
you help me on that ?

Note : something looking like this table could be usefull somewhere in
kmymoney documentation :
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings#Table_of_bank_specific_parameters

Hugo