[Kmymoney] internal transactions show up twice

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Aug 9 08:28:30 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Friday 09 August 2013 00:40:28 hugo borrell wrote:

> Thanks Jack,
>
> 2013/8/8 Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net>
>
> > I think I used to have a similar issue - online payments to my credit card
> > from my checking account get imported to both - and I'm pretty sure the
> > second one to import matched the one that's already there.  However, I
> > can't confirm this now, since I've been manually entering my checking
> > transactions for a while.
>
> OK, than what can be done if operations don't match, nore automatically,
> nore manually ?

I have a similar problem here: I am transferring funds on regular basis from
one account to another but that is inter-bank (two banks involved) which leads
to the effect that the transaction will never match due to different post
dates.

I solved the problem by creating a transfer-account (type checking) which
usually has a balance of zero and sees both transactions. Having two schedules
for the transfers works like a charm for me. I bet, you could do the same.

> > In terms of deleting the transactions, the warning just means that if a
> > later download includes a transaction you have deleted, it will be
> > imported
> > again.  Depending on how you download, this may not be a problem. For
> > example, if you manually download once per month only those transactions
> > from that month, then there should be no repeat transactions.
>
> You're right : "solving problems is being smart, avoiding problems is being
> wise". It seems like you're wiser than I am, but how can I insist to solve
> the problem and pretend to be smart ? I mean I wish I could match
> operations that should match, some way or another...
>
> > For OFX direct connect, I see a repeat of transaction on the date of the
> > last download, but not earlier.  However, I have my account set to only
> > download transactions since the previous download.
>
> That could be nice. However, I have difficulties for direct connection
> parameters right from the start : CIC (Crédit Industriel et Commercial,
> https://www.cic.fr/lb/fr/index.html) isn't referenced in the list of
> automatic settings. When I'm trying to configure it manually, I can't find
> out what the "FID" number stands for in such a list :
> http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FID

See the OFX spec chapter 2.5.1.5 (I send Hugo a copy off list).

> My account is refered to through a national number called RIB (french only
> I suppose) and an IBAN number. No FID anywhere that I could find out, could
> you help me on that ?
>
> Note : something looking like this table could be usefull somewhere in
> kmymoney documentation :
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings#Table_of_bank_
> specific_parameters

We (i.e. KMyMoney) use http://www.ofxhome.com/ to collect this information
even online. It is much better than a static web/wiki page because the service
also checks for the availability of OFX with the given parameters.

If it's there and you can see it, it's real.
If it's there and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's not there and you can't see it, it's gone.