[Kmymoney] Importing Quicken file (qif)

Ian Millington ian at ianmillington.co.uk
Tue Apr 16 22:22:51 UTC 2013

Hi Bob

KDE4 assumed

I had that problem when I converted from Quicken 2002 with wine to K
Mymoney.

IIRC the version that would import the file was a KDE 3 application and
even if you were able to get hold of it it I believe it would not work
with KDE 4.

One option is to install skrooge to import the Qif files, as it can
export in kmymoney format. Alternatively you can use gnucash and
kmymoney will import the gnucash file. My preference is to use skrooge
as gnucash to me appeared to overcomplicate things being a full-blown
double-entry system.

On 16/04/13 20:47, Bob Lavorgna wrote:
> Have the latest KYmoney and trying to import quicken data files. Error
> message says, I need an older version can anyone help me?

Created in Mozilla Thunderbird and Kubuntu Linux
www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird
www.kubuntu.org
totally free software- in every way