[Kmymoney] Importing Quicken file (qif)

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 23:27:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 23:22:51 +0100
Ian Millington <ian at ianmillington.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Bob
>
> KDE4 assumed
>
> I had that problem when I converted from Quicken 2002 with wine to K
> Mymoney.
>
> IIRC the version that would import the file was a KDE 3 application
> and even if you were able to get hold of it it I believe it would not
> work with KDE 4.
>
> One option is to install skrooge to import the Qif files, as it can
> export in kmymoney format. Alternatively you can use gnucash and
> kmymoney will import the gnucash file. My preference is to use
> skrooge as gnucash to me appeared to overcomplicate things being a
> full-blown double-entry system.
>
> On 16/04/13 20:47, Bob Lavorgna wrote:
> > Have the latest KYmoney and trying to import quicken data files.
> > Error message says, I need an older version can anyone help me?

I think the message specifies version 0.8.x, which will be the very
old KDE3 version.

What distro/OS are you using?  If you are on Linux, and Ian's
sugestions don't help, you may need to look for a distro that ships
KDE3 *(they do exist), and may well include KMyMoney2.  Try
http://distrowatch.com/search.php?pkg=kmymoney&pkgver=0.8.5#pkgsearch

Allan