[Kmymoney] Online quotes from Wallstreet-Online.de

Volker Paul volker.paul at v-paul.de
Thu Mar 29 17:28:30 UTC 2012

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 13:51:17 Doug Lytle wrote:
> Volker Paul wrote:
> > Wallstreet-Online.de has changed its HTML structure again
>
> > and this setting seems to work now:
> Could this also be used for stock price updates?  Let me explain,
>
> I periodically purchase silver and knowing that KMyMoney doesn't
> currently support Commodities, I've setup my purchases as a stock.  I
> have to manually update the price, because until now, I haven't found an
> exchange that matched XAG (Silver).
>
> The link you provided does indeed match XAG and returns the proper price.
>
> I made the updates you suggested in the Settings -> Configure KMyMoney
> -> Online Quotes.
>
> But, when I select to do an online update, I get an error:
>

> Fetching URL http://www.wallstreet-online.de/si/?k=XAG&spid=ws...
> Date found: Thu Mar 29 2012
> Unable to update price for XAG (no price or no date)
>
> Manually typing:
>
> http://www.wallstreet-online.de/si/?k=XAG&spid=ws
>
> Returns the correct price.
>
> Is it possible that I've just got something not configured correctly?
>
> I've got under Investments -> Equities:
>
> Type of investment: Stock
> Trading symbol: XAG
> Full Name: Goldmart
> Fraction: 1/100
> Trading Market:  NYSE
> Identification: XAG
> Trading currency:  US Dollar
> Price Entry: Default
> Online Source: Wallstreet-Online.DE (Default)
>
> Doug

The HTML structure of Wallstreet-Online.de for commodities
is different, so I suggest to create a new online source
and name it, for example, "Wallstreet-Online.de (Commodities)".
To do this, in Configure - Online Quotes, click "New".
To change the name from "New Quote Source" to
"Wallstreet-Online.de (Commodities)", double-click
on the name which makes it editable.

Here are the settings; only those for "Symbol" and "Price"
seem to be different from "Wallstreet-Online.DE (Default)".

Date: "timeinfo">\s*(\d+\.\d+\.\d+)
Date format: %d %m %y
And activate "Skip HTML stripping"!

Note that the page doesn't show the symbol except in
the search input field so the regexp gets it from there.

In my test, this worked:
Fetching URL http://www.wallstreet-online.de/si/?k=XAG&spid=ws...
Symbol found: XAG
Price found: 32.07 (32.07)