[Kmymoney] Online quotes from Wallstreet-Online.de

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Mar 29 11:59:38 UTC 2012

On Thursday 29 March 2012 07:51:17 Doug Lytle wrote:
> Volker Paul wrote:
> > Wallstreet-Online.de has changed its HTML structure again
>
> > and this setting seems to work now:
> Could this also be used for stock price updates?  Let me explain,
>
> I periodically purchase silver and knowing that KMyMoney doesn't
> currently support Commodities, I've setup my purchases as a stock.  I
> have to manually update the price, because until now, I haven't found an
> exchange that matched XAG (Silver).
>
> The link you provided does indeed match XAG and returns the proper price.
>
> I made the updates you suggested in the Settings -> Configure KMyMoney
> -> Online Quotes.
>
> But, when I select to do an online update, I get an error:
>

> Fetching URL http://www.wallstreet-online.de/si/?k=XAG&spid=ws...
> Date found: Thu Mar 29 2012
> Unable to update price for XAG (no price or no date)
>
> Manually typing:
>
> http://www.wallstreet-online.de/si/?k=XAG&spid=ws
>
> Returns the correct price.
>
> Is it possible that I've just got something not configured correctly?
>
> I've got under Investments -> Equities:
>
> Type of investment: Stock
> Trading symbol: XAG
> Full Name: Goldmart
> Fraction: 1/100
> Trading Market:  NYSE
> Identification: XAG
> Trading currency:  US Dollar
> Price Entry: Default
> Online Source: Wallstreet-Online.DE (Default)
>
> Doug

Well, but

as I found it in the link you provided does not match

    field="previous_close_v">(\d+,\d+).*

for the price. So the structure for XAG seems to differ for those from other
securities. Maybe Volker can help out to create a set of patterns for XAG that
you can use.

"I know, a 'real Linux geek' doesn't walk around the wall: He bangs
his head against it until it tumbles down!" -- wobo on FLUG ml