[Kmymoney] MySQL option does not show up

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Jan 23 12:30:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

on Monday 23 January 2012 13:09:00 Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:37:48 -0500
>
> Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > libqsqlmysql.so (the QT MySql driver) is looking for
> > libmysqlclient_r.so.16, which is part of MySql, but it can't find it.
> > There are several possible reasons for this.
> >
> > First, see if you can find that file anywhere.
>
> lt is in /usr/lib/mysql
>
> However, "ldconfig -p | grep mysql" returns an empty string and ldconfig
> does not change anything. I rebuilt MySQL but nothing happens. I could
> rebuild qt-4.7.1 of course, and perhaps also KMM ? If the drivers are
> already in /opt/qt/plugins/sqldrivers, what program is responsible for
> making the connection libmysqlclient_r.so.16 to
> /usr/lib//mysql/ibmysqlclient_r.so.16 ?

First a note: I have the feeling that this is more becoming a developer
question ;)

If the file is in /usr/lib/mysql then this must directory must be somehow
listed in /etc/ld.so.conf before ldconfig picks it up.  Otherwise, it will
never be found. Which package does install it there? Which distro are you
using?

Having trouble with Windows? Reboot!
Having trouble with Linux? Be root!