[Kmymoney] MySQL option does not show up

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Sun Jan 22 17:30:44 UTC 2012

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 14:53:35 -0600
Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com> wrote:

> KMM asks Qt for a list of drivers installed, and displays everything found to
> the user as an option. It should not be a permission issue within the database
> itself, either. Is the libqsqlmysql.so library in the same directory as the
> rest of the libqsqlxxxx.so drivers? Was it built for the same version of MySQL
> and Qt that are installed? Did you run /sbin/ldconfig after you installed the
> Qt driver for MySQL, and before starting KMM?

I built qt-4.7.1 with ./configure ...-plugin-sql-mysql -I/usr/include/mysql \
			 -plugin-sql-sqlite -I/usr/include \ ....
so both drivers "libqsqlite.so" and  "libqsqlmysql.so" are present in /opt/qt/plugins/sqldrivers/ , I did not compile separate drivers. Later, I built MySQL.
I built KMyMoney with the cmake command:
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$QT4DIR cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde4/ --ENABLE_KBANKING=ON ..

Perhaps I have to give an additional parameter indicating the directory of the drivers ? And why is KMM finding the sqllite driver but not the mysql one ? Or is the sqllite driver built in in KMM ?

Thanks in advance,
Edgar

--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers at gmx.de>