[Kmymoney] MySQL option does not show up

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 22 17:50:50 UTC 2012

On 2012.01.22 12:30, Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 14:53:35 -0600 Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com>
> wrote:

>> KMM asks Qt for a list of drivers installed, and displays everything
>> found to the user as an option. It should not be a permission issue
>> within the database itself, either. Is the libqsqlmysql.so library
>> in the same directory as the rest of the libqsqlxxxx.so drivers? Was
>> it built for the same version of MySQL and Qt that are installed?
>> Did you run /sbin/ldconfig after you installed the Qt driver for
>> MySQL, and before starting KMM?
>
> I built qt-4.7.1 with ./configure ...-plugin-sql-mysql
> -I/usr/include/mysql \
> 			 -plugin-sql-sqlite -I/usr/include \ ....
> so both drivers "libqsqlite.so" and  "libqsqlmysql.so" are present in
> /opt/qt/plugins/sqldrivers/ , I did not compile separate drivers.
> Later, I built MySQL.
This is only a guess on my part, but I would think you need to have
MySql already installed before building the qt MySql drivers.

> I built KMyMoney with the cmake command:
> CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$QT4DIR cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/kde4/
> --ENABLE_KBANKING=ON ..
>
> Perhaps I have to give an additional parameter indicating the
> directory of the drivers ? And why is KMM finding the sqllite driver
> but not the mysql one ? Or is the sqllite driver built in in KMM ?

It might be interesting to do "ldd libqsqlmysql" to see if is has any
links into mysql.  For example, mine includes "libmysqlclient_r.so.16
=> /usr/lib64/libmysqlclient_r.so.16 (0x00007fa926a73000)"  (I'm on
Gentoo, so actual locations may be different.)