[Kmymoney] KBanking plugin transaction dates

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 23:12:44 UTC 2012

On 05/08/12 22:53, Jack wrote:
> On 2012.08.05 18:35, Allan wrote:

>>> Jack, I agree. Maybe put the date the bank gives in the comment section
>>> of the transaction and keep the manually entered date?
>>
>> To some extent, this is actually a more general issue than just KBanking.
>>
>> A similar situation arises with many transactions.  For instance, you
>> mey have a scheduled transaction that gets entered on one date, but
>> the QIF/CSV imported date is different.  A while ago, someone was
>> actually dealing with it, or thinking of, having another virtual
>> account, acting as an intermediary account, enabling both dates to be
>> kept.
>>
>> Allan
> Yes - this affects any import where you match a transaction entered
> manually or by a schedule.  I'm not sure I understand why a virtual
> account would help.  In the long run (which would require a modification
> to the underlying transaction object) KMM could keep both dates.  In the
> short run (just a modification to the matching code, but beyond what I
> could do) if the two dates were different, the one not used could be
> added to the memo.  A bit better would be to add a configuration item
> (or even just a pop-up on import) asking which date to keep.  I suppose
> I'll think about writing it up as an enhancement request.
>
> Jack

This is one of those things where it comes down to personal
preference/requirement.

For my own, simple, purposes, it doesn't really matter one way or the
other.  However, another user might have a real need to know when a sum
has been transferred out of his account, but the bank statement differs.
  So, he transfers that sum to the virtual account, and he knows that
his real account contains a lesser amount.  When (s)he gets the
statement, that gets matched against the virtual account.  And the
converse for a scheduled/manual income event.  It could be that the
there are tax implications too, but that's not something I am bothered
about.

Again, I've not thought this through in any depth as I don't have any
real issue.

Allan