[Kmymoney] KMyMoney - no decimals accepted when splitting transactions

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Sep 22 11:49:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

on Thursday 22 September 2011 13:12:57 Michael Berger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Configure KMyMoney > General > Calculator is set to KCalc.
> In 'Split transaction' Kcalc out of the nothing suddenly refuses to accept
> decimals.

Just to make one thing very clear: KCalc ist not used in any part of the
application. The only way it is used is as an external application that is
simply started through a button in the KMyMoney toolbar. All other calculation
mechanisms are built into KMyMoney.

> I had observed this before but then it returned to normal again.
> Neither that time nor this time do I remember to have changed anything.
>
> For example:
>
> I enter 6,45 OK
> This is rounded down to 6
>
> 6,75 is also rounded down to 6
> 10,89 is rounded down to 10
>
> and so on.

Where does this happen? In the split transaction dialog? Do you use the
calculator button of the widget in any way? Do you enter the values as they
are? Can you reproduce the problem? If yes, how?

> KCalc as a separate application behaves correct and so does KMM's
> calculator in ledger mode.
>
> I checked both, the settings in KMyMoney and KCalc but can find nothing
> wrong.
>
> So, what could be causing this rather strange behavior?

I currently don't know.

The words GUESS and KNOW when used in the context of
flying may produce entirely opposite results.