[Kmymoney] KMyMoney - no decimals accepted when splitting transactions

Michael Berger idest at online.de
Thu Sep 22 15:40:45 UTC 2011

Hi Thomas,
thanks for your comments.

On Thursday 22 September 2011 13:49:30 Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,

> Just to make one thing very clear: KCalc ist not used in any part of the
> application. The only way it is used is as an external application that is
> simply started through a button in the KMyMoney toolbar. All other
> calculation mechanisms are built into KMyMoney.
Good to know.
Well then, in KMM's General Settings > External Program the field 'Calculator'
is now empty (and KMM was restarted).
And Yes, I can start KCalc from the button in the tool bar as always.

> Where does this happen? In the split transaction dialog? Do you use the
> calculator button of the widget in any way? Do you enter the values as they
> are? Can you reproduce the problem? If yes, how?

I can reproduce this as often as I like and with any transaction I like.

I think the two screen shots are self-explanatory:
The total amount of 10,90 is to be split in 10,00 and 0,90.

Split1 is assigned 10,00 - OK
(if I had typed 10,xy the result would again have been 10 - I've tried this
over and over)

Split2 shows the result after entering 0,90 for a second category and
confirming with OK

Whether using the small calculator icon in the split transaction dialog or
typing the figures, the result is the same after OK is hit.

Cheers,
Michael