[Kmymoney] Import from MoneyDance

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Nov 3 14:22:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

on Thursday 03 November 2011 15:12:25 Shane Rice wrote:

> I'm finally switching over.  I have a few questions.  1.  I wasn't able
> to figure out a way to import my data from MoneyDance.  I work with 2
> different currencies all the time.  My primary currency is the US
> Dollar, and should be my base.  However I work daily with PEN (Pervian
> Nuevo Sole).  That is why importing was so difficult.  Does anyone know
> of a way to import multiple currencies?  I also can export to qif
> individually.  So every account can be exported.  So I exported all the
> US Dollar accounts, then I can export the PEN account (a cash account)
> however I can't import the PEN into KmyMoney.  Any ideas???  Every time
> it imports it imports as $, not PEN.

What happens if you create the cash account before you import to it and select
PEN to be the currency it is denominated in? Since QIF does not transport any
currency information it  should import the data w/o problem.  Make sure to
have a conversion rate entered into KMyMoney which covers the past. Otherwise,
the categories go a bit crazy.  YMMV

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men
trying to find easier ways to do something. -- Robert Heinlein