[Kmymoney] Exchange Rate from Yahoo Finance

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Mon May 9 19:08:06 CEST 2011

Hi
I am running KMM 1.0.5 on KDE 3.5.10 on Ubuntu Maverick.
I am writing a program to output QIF from input PDF from my investment
web site. The statement is in GBP (British Pounds) and I need to add the
exchange rate to my QIF file to convert to South African Rands.

I have used the string from 'Settings/Configure-KmyMoney/Online Quotes'
and get a file from yahoo, but it just gives a message 'Missing Format
Variable'.
This is using wget
http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=GBPZAR=X&f=sl1d1.

Strangely enough when I put the same string into my browser as an URL, I
get the correct information downloaded to /var/tmp/kdecache namely
"GBPZAR=X",10.9798,"5/6/2011".

As I need to request and extract the exchange rate in a program or
script, I require the wget solution or something similar. Could someone
help with how I would add the format variable which is missing. Where I
got the URL in KMM  also gives format filters for Symbol; Price and
Date. Presumably these should be added in some way. I have tried various
combinations, but obviously with no success.

Regards
Timothy