[Kmymoney] Re: GPG encryption in Gnome

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon May 9 19:19:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Monday 09 May 2011 18:40:33 Felipe Castillo wrote:

> I found out that gpg-agent and pinentry-qt4 wasn't installed. I think
> Kmymoney should depend on this two packages, or at least mark them as
> Recommended or Suggested so people know what to install in order to make
> GPG encryption work under Gnome.

You're right, but that is a problem of the specific packager. We provide the
application source code, not the packaging. Please talk to the distro.

> > I'm trying to encrypt my file using GPG and Gnome, I set up my key in
> > the settings dialog, but I keep getting an error of wrong passphrase. It
> > never asks me for the password of the private key to encrypt or
> > anything. I don't know what's going on. Any thoughts?

New processes are created by other processes, just like new humans.
New humans are created by other humans, of course, not by processes.
(Unix System Administrator Handbook)