[Kmymoney] Re: KMyMoney doesn't work any longer

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 10:55:51 CEST 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:37:21 +0100
Ian Millington <ian at ianmillington.co.uk> wrote:

> I assume you are running Linux with kde?
>
> My experience is that when a program that previously worked stops
> doing so it is usually because something has gone wrong in the
> configuration file.
>
> In your file manager select view/hidden files then find and rename
> (don't delete) the rc file(s) containing the term kmymoney. I'm at a
> windows machine right now so can't be 100% but they should be in
> home/.kde/share/apps or in /home/.kde/config (or something like
> that[?])
>
> You should then be able to load kmymoney. It will be a clean copy
> from which you can open your kmymoney file. You will obviously need
> to reconfigure any special settings from within the tools menu.
>
> Good luck!

If there is still a problem, please run KMM from the command line -
kmymoney -n, which will open KMM without opening any file.

If it opens OK, select your file and report any error messages you get.

I'm a bit puzzled about -
">  ...I see the KMM splashscreen for a short while,
> > then my user session closes, and I have to re-log but KMM is not
> > running."

While the splashscreen is visible, do you still have keyboard access to
your system.  Is there any message when the session closes?  It
suggests that whatever is happening, has an effect outside of KMM.

I assume that during those two days you refer to, your system was in
use and behaving normally?  What distro do you use, and what version of
KMM do you have, and how is it installed.

Allan