[Kmymoney] Re: KMyMoney doesn't work any longer

Ian Millington ian at ianmillington.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 11:37:21 CEST 2011

I assume you are running Linux with kde?

My experience is that when a program that previously worked stops doing so
it is usually because something has gone wrong in the configuration file.

In your file manager select view/hidden files then find and rename (don't
delete) the rc file(s) containing the term kmymoney. I'm at a windows
machine right now so can't be 100% but they should be in
home/.kde/share/apps or in /home/.kde/config (or something like that[?])

You should then be able to load kmymoney. It will be a clean copy from which
you can open your kmymoney file. You will obviously need to reconfigure any
special settings from within the tools menu.

Good luck!