[Kmymoney] Re: KMyMoney doesn't work any longer

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:55:01 CEST 2011

2011/3/30 Ian Millington <ian at ianmillington.co.uk>

> I assume you are running Linux with kde?

Linux with Gnome in fact. But I use several KDE programs, KMyMoney and
several others.

> My experience is that when a program that previously worked stops doing so
> it is usually because something has gone wrong in the configuration file.

That's why I tried to reinstall, but it didn't solve the problem.

> In your file manager select view/hidden files then find and rename (don't
> delete) the rc file(s) containing the term kmymoney. I'm at a windows
> machine right now so can't be 100% but they should be in
> home/.kde/share/apps or in /home/.kde/config (or something like that[?])

That's the one ~/.kde/share/config/kmymoneyrc
I renamed it ...

> You should then be able to load kmymoney. It will be a clean copy from
> which you can open your kmymoney file. You will obviously need to
> reconfigure any special settings from within the tools menu.

... and it worked like a charm.
Thanks a lot for helping.

Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com>