[Kmymoney] Re: KMyMoney doesn't work any longer

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Mar 30 15:00:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Wednesday 30 March 2011 11:55:01 Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:

> 2011/3/30 Ian Millington <ian at ianmillington.co.uk>
>
> > I assume you are running Linux with kde?
>
> Linux with Gnome in fact. But I use several KDE programs, KMyMoney and
> several others.
>
> > My experience is that when a program that previously worked stops doing
> > so it is usually because something has gone wrong in the configuration
> > file.
>
> That's why I tried to reinstall, but it didn't solve the problem.
>
> > In your file manager select view/hidden files then find and rename (don't
> > delete) the rc file(s) containing the term kmymoney. I'm at a windows
> > machine right now so can't be 100% but they should be in
> > home/.kde/share/apps or in /home/.kde/config (or something like that[?])
>
> That's the one ~/.kde/share/config/kmymoneyrc
> I renamed it ...
>
> > You should then be able to load kmymoney. It will be a clean copy from
> > which you can open your kmymoney file. You will obviously need to
> > reconfigure any special settings from within the tools menu.
>
> ... and it worked like a charm.

Can you share that 'broken' rc file with us/me. There should be no personal
information in it but please check before you send it away. I am curious as to
what causes this kind of problem.

> Thanks a lot for helping.

That's what a user community is all about.

Faster, better, cheaper - choose two of the above.
 - Old engineering proverb