[Kmymoney] Re: Cannot edit payee list

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Mar 30 08:02:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Wednesday 30 March 2011 01:13:19 Ian Millington wrote:

> Hi
>
> I got a couple of failures I'm afraid.
>
> I attempted to export an anonymous file - when I did it wasn't anonymous
> - all data seemed to have been retained, so is that another bug?

Please use 'Save as' and select the 'Filter' to be 'Anonymous files'. Simply
provide a filename (no extension) and things should work. At least, they did
for me the last time I used that feature.

> Also I attempted to install the kde 3 version from the ppa from Claydoh,
> whom I know from the Kubuntu forums. No matter what I did I could not
> get adept to acknowledge any version of kmymoney before 4.5.2 so I don't
> appear to be any further forward.

I am by far a ubuntu package expert.

> AS a last resort I imported a copy of the kmymoney file into skrooge. I
> was able to delete payees but it appeared to be deleting the
> transactions as well so that wasn't an option either.
>
> Is there likely to be a fix for this in the short term please? It's not
> fatal but it is something of an irritation. Is it caused by the fact
> that I have imprted 12 years of transactions?

No, that should certainly not be a problem. I have about the same amount of
data here - though not imported but entered and downloaded.

If it's there and you can see it, it's real.
If it's there and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's not there and you can't see it, it's gone.