[Kmymoney] Re: Cannot edit payee list

Ian Millington ian at ianmillington.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 01:13:19 CEST 2011

Hi

I got a couple of failures I'm afraid.

I attempted to export an anonymous file - when I did it wasn't anonymous
- all data seemed to have been retained, so is that another bug?

Also I attempted to install the kde 3 version from the ppa from Claydoh,
whom I know from the Kubuntu forums. No matter what I did I could not
get adept to acknowledge any version of kmymoney before 4.5.2 so I don't
appear to be any further forward.

AS a last resort I imported a copy of the kmymoney file into skrooge. I
was able to delete payees but it appeared to be deleting the
transactions as well so that wasn't an option either.

Is there likely to be a fix for this in the short term please? It's not
fatal but it is something of an irritation. Is it caused by the fact
that I have imprted 12 years of transactions?

Thanks

Ian

On 29/03/11 10:54, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Tuesday 29 March 2011 11:41:10 Ian Millington wrote:
>
>> Wow!
>>
>> Thanks for the quick response guys.
>>
>> Thomas - I didn't know you could save as an anonymous file. I'll do that
>> tonight when I get home.
>>
>> Christian, I'll give the kde3 version a try. I'm not great with source
>> files so I wonder if there is a link to a .deb somewhere. Couple of
>> points:
>>
>> Will I need to uninstall version 4.5.3 before installing the earlier
>> version and
> It depends. I run both in parallel here on my openSUSE distro.
>
>> I read somewhere (can't remember where) that if I delete a payee it deletes
>> all transactions with that payee. Is that correct please and, if so, do I
>> need to do anything to avoid it?
> If you delete a payee and it references transactions you will be asked to
> which payee those should be shifted. They will never be deleted by deleting a
> payee. If this happens, it is a big bug (though you might make some big bucks
> that way ;) - at least virtually)

Created in Mozilla Thunderbird and Kubuntu Linux - all free software
www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird
www.kubuntu.org