[Kmymoney] Re: Cannot edit payee list

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Mar 29 11:54:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Tuesday 29 March 2011 11:41:10 Ian Millington wrote:

> Wow!
>
> Thanks for the quick response guys.
>
> Thomas - I didn't know you could save as an anonymous file. I'll do that
> tonight when I get home.
>
> Christian, I'll give the kde3 version a try. I'm not great with source
> files so I wonder if there is a link to a .deb somewhere. Couple of
> points:
>
> Will I need to uninstall version 4.5.3 before installing the earlier
> version and

It depends. I run both in parallel here on my openSUSE distro.

> I read somewhere (can't remember where) that if I delete a payee it deletes
> all transactions with that payee. Is that correct please and, if so, do I
> need to do anything to avoid it?

If you delete a payee and it references transactions you will be asked to
which payee those should be shifted. They will never be deleted by deleting a
payee. If this happens, it is a big bug (though you might make some big bucks
that way ;) - at least virtually)

A crash turns an expensive computer into a simple stone!