[Kmymoney] Re: Hang during "Open database" (PostgreSQL)

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Sat Mar 26 13:18:54 CET 2011

On Friday, March 25, 2011 10:37:57 am-ph wrote:
> > This sounds similar to your last report of an error using MySQL. The
> > difference is that it hangs instead of crashing like it did before. I
> > suspect that whatever the fix is, it will fix both cases.
> >
> > I am assuming that you have installed PostgreSQL, in order to test this.
>
> Yes. I have PostgreSQL installed.

The backtrace you sent me crashes in the exact same spot that it did when you
tested with MySQL. This supports the idea that the same fix will work in both
cases.

> The tool "Generate database SQL" produced an SQL-file.
> There was a minor issue when trying to load the SQL-file to pgsql:
> I had to manually change the SQL-file: The "date"-entries were not accepted.
>
> The INSERT INTO command for the table "kmmfileinfo" had to be modified:
> The date entry
> '2011-03-23'
> had to be replaced by
> to_date('2011-03-23', 'YYYY-MM-DD')
> at two places.
>
> A suitable cast-command in the source-code might solve this issue.

Maybe, but "Generate database SQL" is meant to generate generic, standard
compliant SQL, so that it can be loaded on any system. When you use a system
where database creation is supported by KMM, that feature is not needed at
all. We do not have access to all the databases supported by Qt, so we cannot
develop against those. But generating an SQL file goes a long way in offering
basic support for those.

> "Save as database" works fine. The database looks fine.

Good to hear...  I expected that this feature would work as intended. Now to
see about fixing things when it reads the database back. I do not have access
to a Mac, so if it turns out to be a platform specific issue, I will need help
from someone in testing/debugging this.

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas