[Kmymoney] Cannot edit payee list

Ian Millington ian at ianmillington.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 10:40:24 CEST 2011

Hi, I'm using kmymoney 4.5.3 in kde4.6.1/kubuntu 10.10

I moved last week from Quicken 2002 standard. Last time I tried before
that kmymoney would not import the QIF file as it was too old. However,
I was able to accomplish this by importing the QIF files into Skrooge,
and exporting as a kmymoney file. Import to kmymoney of 12 years of data
was flawless so that was great.

However, I have a list of payees that also goes back 12 years. Many
(probably 80%) are superfluous of course. However if I click on any one
of them the program will freeze and has to be forcibly closed. This also
happens if I click on any of the icons at the top of the payee list. I
have created a new blank kmymoney file and don't have this issue so I
suspect it's because of the sheer number of payees.

Is there any way I can edit the payee list from outside the program (I
wouldn't even mind clearing it) without causing damage to something else?

Thanks

--
Created in Mozilla Thunderbird and Kubuntu Linux - all free software
www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird