[Kmymoney] Re: Hang during "Open database" (PostgreSQL)

am-ph am_ph at gmx.de
Fri Mar 25 10:37:57 CET 2011

> This sounds similar to your last report of an error using MySQL. The difference
> is that it hangs instead of crashing like it did before. I suspect that
> whatever the fix is, it will fix both cases.
>
> I am assuming that you have installed PostgreSQL, in order to test this.

Yes. I have PostgreSQL installed.
The tool "Generate database SQL" produced an SQL-file.
There was a minor issue when trying to load the SQL-file to pgsql:
I had to manually change the SQL-file: The "date"-entries were not accepted.

The INSERT INTO command for the table "kmmfileinfo" had to be modified:
The date entry
'2011-03-23'
had to be replaced by
to_date('2011-03-23', 'YYYY-MM-DD')
at two places.

A suitable cast-command in the source-code might solve this issue.

"Save as database" works fine. The database looks fine.

Best, Stefan