[Kmymoney] Investment accounts

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 00:29:16 UTC 2011

On 08/29/2011 03:53 AM, aga wrote:
> OK, I've added fees for Dividend payments.  However, just to be clear,
> when you say "Schwab shows them as separate transactions", are you
> saying there are two transactions, one for the dividend payment in
> full, and a separate one for the fee?  If the latter, then strictly
> speaking, the fee transaction is not a dividend payment, so was there
> then a problem with this?  If so what, exactly?

Yes, OFX shows 3 transactions. Maybe my biggest problem was not having
the KMM accounts set up correctly, but the problem was that the fees
showed up in the investment account as "buy shares" with weird values.
If I understand correctly, the standard "fees" are filled up when my
broker (Schwab) charges me fees - but in this case the fee was charged
by someone down the line (ADR) so they show it to me as separate
transactions. Ideally, I'd want all of these to be merged into a single
transaction in KMM (which I did manually while fixing my old data).
I wanted to create a dummy Investment+Brokerage account to see if it
works properly together with OFX, but I couldn't associate the online
account with it for some reason - it just keeps saying "no suitable
accounts found"