[Kmymoney] Investment accounts

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:53:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:03:43 -0700
Konstantin Svist <fry.kun at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/27/2011 03:08 AM, aga wrote:
> > As it happens, I've been working on and off on the investment UI
> > for a little while now, trying to remove clutter and generally tidy
> > it up. One of the points I've had to consider, is this question of
> > what transaction types should have what fields.  Are you saying you
> > have fees applied to dividend payments, and that you need this
> > capability?
> >
> > If so, let me know straight away as I am on the verge of completing
> > my work.
>
> Yes, fees can be applied to some dividends. Specifically, the ones I
> keep seeing are "ADR management fee" and "Foreign tax" on foreign
> stocks. Schwab shows them as separate transactions (both in account
> history and in OFX), however - hope that won't be a problem.
> I didn't have properly associated (Brokerage) account when I imported
> these, so my observations might be off.

OK, I've added fees for Dividend payments.  However, just to be clear,
when you say "Schwab shows them as separate transactions", are you
saying there are two transactions, one for the dividend payment in
full, and a separate one for the fee?  If the latter, then strictly
speaking, the fee transaction is not a dividend payment, so was there
then a problem with this?  If so what, exactly?

> > I would avoid using SourceForge.  Use the KDE bug tracker.  Had you
> > raised a bug there initially, it would not have got burried in a
> > busy mail list.
>
> Gotcha. Guess someone should just close SF tracker if it's not used :)
>

> > That's not the case and not the way it's supposed to work.  If you
> > develop fixes or features, I think under the license, you should
> > offer them back to the project.  As has been said by others, the
> > developers cannot work full-time here, and there is always a
> > welcome for additional help.  This is a worker's co-operative!
>
> I understand, most F/OSS projects are like that.

Allan