[Kmymoney] Transaction work flow

Henning Eggers henning at box25.de
Thu Aug 18 07:48:59 UTC 2011

Am 18.08.2011 09:10, schrieb Cristian Oneț:
> Hi,
>
> Edit your account and change it's opening date to a date prior to the
> date of the first transaction.

That's interesting, I am sure I had set it to 1 July when I created the
account although I had left the opening balance open at first creation as I
did not yet know it. Later I added that and it got added on the current date.

I did that again now and it worked although the opening balance was again
added with yesterday's date but I was able to move it to 1 July. I now can
change categories, thank you very much! ;-)

>  Since this is quite a common question
> we have it also in the manual [1] but it's OK that you've asked if you
> did not found it.
>

> [1] http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/kde4/online-manual/faq.html#idp41783920

I had looked at the FAQ and the manual that are reachable from the home
page[2]. I now see that that user manual is for version 1.0 and it does not
contain the FAQ you pointed me to. I have not yet found a link to the 4.6
handbook on the home page, is it missing?

Thank you for answering so promptly! Great support! Looks kmymoney is what I
was looking for, great stuff.

Henning

[2] http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/index2.html