[Kmymoney] Transaction work flow

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 07:57:13 UTC 2011

2011/8/18 Henning Eggers <henning at box25.de>:
> Am 18.08.2011 09:10, schrieb Cristian Oneț:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Edit your account and change it's opening date to a date prior to the
>> date of the first transaction.
>
> That's interesting, I am sure I had set it to 1 July when I created the
> account although I had left the opening balance open at first creation as I
> did not yet know it. Later I added that and it got added on the current date.
>
> I did that again now and it worked although the opening balance was again
> added with yesterday's date but I was able to move it to 1 July. I now can
> change categories, thank you very much! ;-)
>
>>  Since this is quite a common question
>> we have it also in the manual [1] but it's OK that you've asked if you
>> did not found it.
>>

>> [1] http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/kde4/online-manual/faq.html#idp41783920
>
> I had looked at the FAQ and the manual that are reachable from the home
> page[2]. I now see that that user manual is for version 1.0 and it does not
> contain the FAQ you pointed me to. I have not yet found a link to the 4.6
> handbook on the home page, is it missing?
>
> Thank you for answering so promptly! Great support! Looks kmymoney is what I
> was looking for, great stuff.
>
> Henning
>
> [2] http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/index2.html

Indeed the link provided by you does not contain a link to the latest
manual (we'll fix that). If you visit [1] or more precisely [2] and go
to the user section the manual is accessible. Also it should be
installed on your system and accessible from the help menu.

Regards,
Cristian

[1] http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/index-home.html