[Kmymoney] Hello - new and looking for help and advice migrating from MsMoney to KMM

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:22:25 UTC 2011

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:29:52 +1000
Peter <cave at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Hello Allan
>
> Just before going to bed I tried opening a .qif file - easy and looked
> at one of the credit card accounts.
>
> I did not see anything private or confidential in it so have attached
> the .qif file here.
>
> It is not large and an account I do not use a lot but the importing
> result is the same.
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

Hi Peter

Well, as far as I have seen so far, that has imported perfectly, which
was a bit unexpected.  At first I thought it had completed correctly
as the transactions appeared to be fine.  As I wanted a count, and
couldn't be bothered to do it manually, I reran the import, and was
perturbed as the import status showed there should have been 48
items, far more than in the account.  So, I first looked at the qif and
thought it might be a problem with the date field separators, but that
couldn't be as the import status showed they had imported.  Then I
realised I was looking at the checking account, not the credit card one.

48 transactions in a credit card account (Amex Gold Card), with the
payments showing in a new checking account (Bank of Qld   A Account).

When you try it, if there is still a problem, try running KMM from the
command line ( just typing kmymoney should do it. If not, assuming your
Mint does the same as mine, /usr/bin/kmymoney) and you should get
details of the import's progress.

Fingers crossed

Allan