[Kmymoney] Hello - new and looking for help and advice migrating from MsMoney to KMM

Peter cave at tpg.com.au
Tue Aug 9 14:17:07 UTC 2011

Hello Thomas and Allan

Thank you for your responses.

For info I have just installed Linux Mint 11 and downloaded KMM 4.5.3-2
but have not yet tried importing data.

It has just turned midnight here so will try it in the morning.

I have not been trying to import all accounts at once but rather each
bank account or credit card account separately and using the Loose QIF
format

With reference to the first few lines of the QIF file and the !Type
line - I have not yet tried to open a .qif file - just use a text
editor?

Thanks for your patience - I am sure that many other people have asked
these questions before but I have searched for answers before asking
here but not found anything.

I will be back tomorrow after a few checks

Regards

Peter