[Kmymoney] Investment accounts

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:54:47 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to set up KMM with my Schwab brokerage account
I've added an account (type: Investment) and linked it to the Schwab OFX
(as described at the bottom of
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings)

Thing is, the Schwab brokerage accounts include info on investments &
cash at the same time. So, if I transfer $100 to an empty brokerage
account (actual transfer, in schwab.com), the account has $100 to buy
securities with. When I download the OFX into KMM, it shows up as "Buy
Shares" with Price/share: $1.00 and Shares: 100. And it doesn't look
like there's any way to mark it as a transfer.

Furthermore, dividends (not reinvested) show up as Amount: <actual
amount> but Total: $0.00

I'm sure that other people are using some of these features, which
basically means I had set it up wrong.
So let me have it: what's the right way to set it up?

Extra info (who knows, might be relevant):
* I'm using KMM 4.5.2 on KDE 4.6.1 libraries (XFCE)