[Kmymoney] Re: KMyMoney in Linux Mint 10 LXDE

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Apr 10 16:03:23 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Sunday 10 April 2011 01:57:01 Malcolm Maynard wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a persistent/portable install of Linux Mint 10 LXDE and for some
> reason KMyMoney won't work properly on it.
>
> Whenever I start KMyMoney in LM 10 LXDE, it always starts as if it is the
> first time it has ever started.  It does not seem to save anything I have
> done on it the last time.  Nor does KMyMoney allow any configuration
> changes.
>
> It does seem a bit odd.  I can open a kmy file and make changes to it, but
> the current install of KMyMoney just can't seem to save sessions.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem might be?  I have never had problems
> with KMyMoney before.

I have no idea what the problem might be, but some ideas how to track it down
;)

Start KMyMoney from a terminal with the following command:

  strace -e trace=file -o kmm-trace.txt kmymoney

When the application started, change an option and quit again.  Then run

  gzip -9 kmm-trace.txt

and send me the resulting kmm-trace.txt.gz file via (private) mail. I'll then
take a look of what was going on - of course, you can do the same.

An optimist laughs to forget.
A pessimist forgets to laugh.