[Kmymoney] Cant install OFX plug in.

Ian Anderson iancarol at ps.gen.nz
Sun Aug 29 00:56:16 CEST 2010

I have switched to KDE 4 and Kmymoney4.5 from Kmymoney1.05 using
Ubuntu.10.04.
I live in New Zealand and bank with the ASB bank which means I suffer
from the Libofx daylight saving bug which affects downloaded OFX files
by moving each transaction a day forward. This affects Money.ofx QIF.ofx
and Aqbanking.ofx downloads.
The bug still remains in the current download for Libofx-0.9.1,(Feb
2009) but I have compiled it by replacing the extracted tar file
ofx_utilities.cpp with a downloaded fix version of
ofx_utilities.cpp(from Thomas Baumgart. April 2010) Also
several other libofx files needed newer file versions for the make of
Libofx-0.9.1 to finish without errors.
Kmymoney 4.5 compiles normally as far as I can tell apart from a missing
gold coin icon in the office menu and desktop icon. This doesn't stop it
working so I don't care about that. It opens my current .kmy file
without problems.
Unfortunately there is no sign of the ofx plugin, which has not been
installed. Thus I cant download my bank statements to see if the bug has
gone.

Is there any way I can find out where and why the ofx plugin has
failed ? I have compiled Libofx and Kmymoney 4.5 many times now, and am
sure I have got every dependency correct.
Regards Ian Anderson