[Kmymoney] Cant install OFX plug in.

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Sun Aug 29 01:28:10 CEST 2010

On 28/08/10 23:56, Ian Anderson wrote:
> I have switched to KDE 4 and Kmymoney4.5 from Kmymoney1.05 using
> Ubuntu.10.04.
> I live in New Zealand and bank with the ASB bank which means I suffer
> from the Libofx daylight saving bug which affects downloaded OFX files
> by moving each transaction a day forward. This affects Money.ofx QIF.ofx
> and Aqbanking.ofx downloads.
> The bug still remains in the current download for Libofx-0.9.1,(Feb
> 2009) but I have compiled it by replacing the extracted tar file
> ofx_utilities.cpp with a downloaded fix version of
> ofx_utilities.cpp(from Thomas Baumgart. April 2010) Also
> several other libofx files needed newer file versions for the make of
> Libofx-0.9.1 to finish without errors.
> Kmymoney 4.5 compiles normally as far as I can tell apart from a missing
> gold coin icon in the office menu and desktop icon. This doesn't stop it
> working so I don't care about that. It opens my current .kmy file
> without problems.
> Unfortunately there is no sign of the ofx plugin, which has not been
> installed. Thus I cant download my bank statements to see if the bug has
> gone.
>
> Is there any way I can find out where and why the ofx plugin has
> failed ? I have compiled Libofx and Kmymoney 4.5 many times now, and am
> sure I have got every dependency correct.
> Regards Ian Anderson

Until an expert chips in, just a couple of points.  When you run cMake,
does that show the OFX plugin to be installed?

Secondly, and as you've gone through the loop several times this
probably doesn't apply, but I've seen OFX not get installed immediately
after a build, but restarting KMM brings it in, or re-running the make
install. Running sycocca whatsit is the official method.

Allan Anderson